Room for More

Rowe Family Adoption Story

Rowe Family Adoption Story
"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it..." Psalm 127:1

Saturday, June 19, 2010

3 x 2 = 6

Psalm 94:19 says, "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."

We are so happy to announce that God has revealed His plan to multiply our family. We received a referral Thursday afternoon and were surprised that it wasn't one child or even two but THREE! It's hard to put into words the joy we are all experiencing at the thought of being able to bring home these 3 precious children. Chernet is (about) 7 and a boy, Mulunesh is (about) 4 and a girl, and Woubet is (about 2) and a girl. Their ages and genders are a perfect match for Tommy (10), Victor (8), and Vanessa (almost 5).

Our heads are spinning as we try to comprehend what this will look like for our family. Focusing on the unknown, however, can become overwhelming, so we are just continuing to do what God has been preparing us to do through the waiting and that is trust that He has it all covered. As a reminder of this, Psalm 94:19 will remain on our refrigerator next to the pictures of these gifts God is giving us.

Tommy's reaction was, "SWEET!". Victor wants to know when we can go get them. Vanessa's first question was, "Do I get to be in charge of the girls?"

Please pray that our process to court and then to bring them home will be quick and without any hurdles. We will post pictures once they are officially Rowes.

Psalm 139:7 "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?"

Jeremiah 23:23 "'Am I a God who is near,' declares the LORD, "And not a God far off?'"

Psalm 23:1-3 "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me like down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

Job 22:21-30 "Yield now and be at peace with Him; Thereby good will come to you. Please receive instruction from His mouth and establish His words in your heart...For then you will delight in the Almighty and lift up your face to God. You will pray to Him and He will hear you and you will pay your vows. You will also decree a thing and it will be established for you; And light will shine on our ways."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the referral!! 6 seems like a good number to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rowe family! Chills up my arms and heart is so full of excitement for you all! This will be a journey you will not regret and I am so thankful that God has revealed his perfect plan for your family!

    ReplyDelete